Hazard and Shoal Buoys
Hazard and Shoal Buoys
Nordak Marine buoys are used to mark obstacles, shoals or turbulent waters outside the main channel.
Nordak Marine buoys have been designed to offer the ultimate in visibility, strength and durability. This buoy, which has been on the market for a long time, meets safety and compliance standards set by civil liability insurance companies.
- Uniform wall thickness for maximum strength and durability
- Soft vinyl surface protect boat finishes
- Galvanized carbon steel (grade 30) fasteners
- Easy to handle, install and store
- Lantern available for Spar and Can Buoy
- Product life expectancy of more than 12 years
- 1 year warranty
- Mooring kit (sold separately): weighing, fasteners and chains on request and adapted to your body of water and seabed.
THE ADVANTAGES of NORDAK MARINE PRODUCTS
- Perfectly suited to inland lakes and rivers
- Offers great peace of mind with its robust products that comply with Canadian laws
- Affordable thanks to its excellent value for money
- Allows you to secure and protect your nautical installations and equipment
- Ensures safety compliance for your insurance and legal protection.
HIGH-PERFORMANCE DESIGN AND MATERIALS
- Meets Canadian Coast Guard and Transport Canada standards
- Virtually unsinkable, stays on the surface, straightens up automatically
- High visibility day and night with reflective strip (lantern available)
- Approved retroreflective orange bands, regulatory black messages, and orange symbols on heavy-duty white vinyl material.
- An internal concrete counterweight for Spar and Can Buoys for upright performance
- UV resistant colour and display
- Resistant to rust, chips, cracks and peeling.
- Ecological: Recyclable polyethylene. No heavy metals or ecological damage
For any buoy, it is mandatory to have a double-sided and personalized display with the name of the owner, the telephone and the mention PRIV
Nordak Marine offers up-to-date advice on the choice of buoys and their installation. Buoys must meet Transport Canada and Canadian Coast Guard guidelines and requirements. Contact our consultants today to plan your project.
Information table on Hazard and Shoal Buoys
|Name||Lakeshore Buoy||Spar Buoy NM1060||Can Buoy|
|Application||Perfect for Shallow Water||Standard Regulatory buoys||High Performance and Visibility|
|Diameter and height||24 x 77 in/61 cm x 195,6 cm||9 x 61 in/22,9 x 155 cm||12 x 54 in/30,5 x 137,2 cm|
Float: 42,39 in/107,7 cm
Signage : 24 x 16 in(61 x 46,5 cm)
|28 po/72 cm||28 po/72 cm|
|Net Weight||16,5 lb/7,5 kg||63 lb/29 kg||95 lb/43 kg|
|Nominal Freeboard Above Water||45 in/114,3 cm||36 in/91,4 cm||43,5 in/110,5 cm|
|Maximum Mooring Load||12 lb/5 kg||12 lb/5 kg||132 lb/60 kg|
Contact us to find out the appropriate buoy for your body of water (mooring depth, maximum wind, current and seabed).